Here are a few things everyone should know about Oktoberfest Beer Tents and Reservations before heading to Munich:
- You may visit the Oktoberfest as often as you like.
- Your reservation allows you an assigned seat to enjoy food and drink of a given amount for a specific period of time.
- You are expected to be on time for your reservations. Do not be surprised if your table has been given away when you are late.
- Beer is not free-flowing throughout the streets of Munich. At Oktoberfest you may only buy beer once you are seated inside a tent.
- You will need cash Euros for extra food and drink, rides, attractions, souvenirs, etc.
- You may enter any Oktoberfest Tent you like without a reservation, as long as the tent is not full. Every tent has seating that is never reserved.
- You have to be seated to be served. Find an empty spot at a table and ask if you may sit. Order a beer and join the fun with your new friends.